A Faculty Development Programme (FDP) is designed to train and develop professionals in various disciplines so that they can act as resource persons in guiding and motivating young person’s to take up right career.
The FDPs provide inputs on process and practice of various discipline such as development, communication and inter-personal skills, creativity, problem solving, achievement motivation training, inputs on resource and knowledge industries. The training methodology includes case studies, group discussion, games and simulation exercise, field visits and classroom lectures.
FDP on Branding Yourself in Academics
Dr. Ankur Saxena starts his session on ‘Branding yourself in academics’ by enlightening the faculties and directors of FMS the importance of APIs in their career life.
He lays emphasis on the following points:
• Learn lessons from your failures
• Do participate
• Make yourself academically strong
• Don’t expect the changes to happen overnight
• Develop that skills which will enrich our career
• Try to learn from everybody, even the common man.
• Build up networks in your field
• Introspect yourself.
FDP on Google Classroom
A session on Google classroom was conducted by Hon. Provost Dr. Ketan Kotecha on “How to effectively make use of Google Classroom tool”. He has explained to the faculties that how they can create and organize assignments quickly and paperlessly; can give feedbacks and communicate with their classes easily.
Advantage of using this app:
• Easy to use and accessible from all devices.
• Effective communication and sharing.
• Speeds up the assignment process.
• Effective feedback.
• Great commenting system.
• Is for everyone.