Dr. Sharmila Sandesh Ghuge born on 15th May 1972 in India, completed school education partly in United Kingdom and mostly in India.
- Completed H.S.C in 1992 from R. L. T. Science College Akola, Maharashtra, India and secured 82 % in Biology group.
- Secured a Bachelor’s Degree from Amravati University in English Literature in 1995.
- Completed LL.B from M.P. Law College, Aurangabad, in 2001. Secured 66% and was in the merit list of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University.
- Completed LL.M from Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, in Constitutional Law. Secured 60% and topped the University in 2003.
- In June 2004 cleared the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in first attempt.
- Completed PhD. in October 2012 from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, on “Article 21 of the Indian Constitution Vis ‘A’ Vis Right to Die with Dignity in Rarest of the rare Cases- A Critical Study” under the able guidance of Dr. Sadhana Pande, Head of Law Dept., Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Awarded PhD. At the hands of His Excellency, Former President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Published a book, “Legalizing Euthanasia: A Pedagogue’s Perspective”, foreword written by Justice V. R. Krishna Iyer, and released the hands of Justice Krishna Iyer on 15th November 2014 in Kochi on his 100th Birthday. Publishers: Himalaya Publishing House, ISBN: 978-93-5142-948-7
- Completed a Certificate Course on IPR from Indian Law Institute, New Delhi-June 2009.
- Completed a Certificate Course on Law and Medicine, Mumbai- December 2009.
- PhD. Guide at Shri. Jagdishprasad Jhabamal Tibrewala University, Rajasthan
Other Academic Achievements:
- Completed UGC sponsored Orientation Programme at Mumbai University-16th Nov to 15th Dec 2009 with ‘A’ Grade.
- Completed UGC sponsored Refresher Programme at Mumbai University- 15th Nov to 4th Dec 2010 with ‘A’ Grade.
- Worked as a visiting faculty at V. N. Patil Law College, Aurangabad in 2003.
- Worked as a full time faculty at Government Law College, Mumbai, for one year in 2004.
- Worked as a full time faculty at K. C. Law College, Mumbai, for 4 years, from 2005 to 2009.
- At present working as an Assistant Professor in Law at Jitendra Chauhan College of Law, Ville Parle, Mumbai. (From 1st January 2009 till date.)
- Invited as a resource person for a session on ‘Basic Constitutional Rights’ at India Centre for Human Rights and Law, Mumbai.
- Visiting faculty at NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, for MBA in Social Entrepreneurship since 2009 till 2013.
- Paper setter for Maharashtra Public Service Commission from 2010 onwards till date for various law subjects.
- Invited as a resource person at Nanded for a session on ‘Presentation and Argumentation Skills” organised by Institute of Clinical Research and NarayanraoLawCollege on 28th Sep 2013.
- Chaired a session on “Industrialization and Environment Issues” at Two days National Conference on “Law and Justice” organised by AURO University, Surat, Gujarat on 15th of Sep, 2013.
- Chaired a session at the International Seminar organized by Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu on “Trans Wellness & Wellbeing” on 26th-28th March 2015.
- Conducting session for LLM students at Tata Institute of Social Studies, Mumbai, from 2012 till date.
- Resource Person and Member on Panel of Mumbai District Legal Aid Service, Mumbai, from 2012 till date
- Resource Person for Refresher Courses conducted for Teachers by UGC Academic Staff colleges.
- Invited as resource person for imparting training on Legislative Drafting to Parliamentary Officers of 40 Countries in a training Programme organised by the Loksabha in collaboration with Maharashtra State Legislature Secretariat, Mumbai on 8th March 2016
- Organised Moot Court Competitions at college, intercollegiate and National level.
- Organised Prison visits at Arthur Road Jail, Mumbai, Yerwada Central Prison, Pune, Tihar Jail, Delhi.
- Organised visits to Supreme Court of India and Parliament for law students.
- Organised Seminars, Workshops and sessions by eminent Judges.
- In charge of placement through campus recruitment for 4 years.
- Convener of Women Development Cell at college level for 8 years.
- Member of Syllabus Committee for the subject Indian Constitution, MumbaiUniversity.
- Member of Local Inquiry Committee, University of Mumbai.
- Chief-paper setter, examiner and moderator for LL.B examination conducted by Mumbai University.
- Judged a number of Moot court competitions, Judgment writing comp, National Debate competitions, etc.
- Invited as a resource person at National and International Seminars across the country
Work towards Society
- Filed a Public Interest Litigation in the Supreme Court of India in June 2013 challenging the IPL scam.
- Filed a Public Interest Litigation in Bombay High Court in August 2014, challenging the election procedure in India. The Chief Justice, Honourable Shri. Mohit Shah, directed the Law commission to consider my suggestions for amendment in Election process.
- Filed a Public Interest Litigation in Bombay High Court in November 2014 challenging the Fire mishaps in Mumbai. The matter is pending before the High court; notices have been issued to BMC.
- Filed a Public Interest Litigation in Bombay High Court on 7th February 2015 challenging the AIB roast show being put up on you tube and various other contentions are raised in the larger interest of the public, the matter is pending.
- Actively involved in imparting and spreading legal awareness to the tribals in Vidharbha and other rural areas in Washim District, Vidharbha, Maharashtra, India.
- Self-organised camps conducted in villages to spread health awareness about nutrition, sanitation facilities, cleanliness, etc.
- Self-organised camps to educate women for female literacy, dowry prohibition, female foeticide, micro-finance, property rights, Domestic Violence, etc.
Published more than 30 research articles on socio-legal issues in National and International Journals.
Attended more than 50 Conferences/seminars at national and International Level.