Green house cultivation of crops or protective cultivation is required in global warming era. In summer season temperature and sun scorching heat is increased up to 45 to 47˚ C and level of CO2 is become uncontrollable under adverse climatic conditions plant do make their growth properly for better growth and development of plant proper climatic condition is require. Different type of green house is designed according to requirement. According to low cost, medium cost and high cost green house are available.
Green house is beneficial for off season cultivation, qualitative products, high yielding crops, protection of plants from pests and diseases.
Expert Lecture by Mr. B.U. Parmar, Joint Director of Horticulture, Dept. of Horticulture, Govt. of Gujarat
An expert lecture was arranged at college of Agriculture, PU. Mr. B U Parmar is a well experienced and known person in the field of Horticulture and Agriculture. He delivered the lecture on the “Advance cultivation practices in Green House including Micro irrigation” with following topics in his valuable talk.
1. Green house Area and Production
2. Types of Green house
3. Irrigation management in Green house
4. Green house subsidy norms
5. Package and Practices of Vegetables crops
6. Area expansion of Date palm
Expert Lecture on “Introduction to the subject extension education”
Expert lecture on “Introduction to the subject extension education” was delivered by Dr. Bharat M. Mehta, Sr. Scientist cum Head, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Mangalbharti, Golagamdi, Sankheda, Chhotaudepur, Gujarat. Lecture was arranged on following topics.
1. Introduction to extension education.
2. History of extension education.
3. What is Krishi Vigyan Kendra?
4. History and mandates of Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
5. On farm testing and font line demonstration.