Women’s day Celebration
March 8th is celebrated as International Women’s day all over the world. Parul University celebrated International Women’s day for 3 days ie. from 6th March to 8th March on the theme “BE BOLD FOR THE CHANGE” in a very unique manner with Women’s development cell along with Social responsive Cell of Parul University. What a better way to shine light on the ladies who contributed day in and day out to the family, society and surrounding with their talent, perseverance, warmth , wisdom and care.
- The days witnessed activities ranging from Expert session for Female Faculties on Role of Women on Higher Education, Post Menopause Challenges and Remedies and how to release stress through meditation.
- The session was also arranged for more than 100 female housekeeping staff of the University on Health and Hygiene.
- Various competitions were organized for staff and students for Rangoli & Poster making on the theme “BE BOLD FOR THE CHANGE”.
- A unique game “Let’s Swap Roles for a day” for all staff and students of Parul University was organized Wherein girls do what boys do and boys do what girls do . Total 173 students and 48 staff members enjoyed the event.
- The celebrations also recognized and appreciated the female members of the University for their Significant Achievements in various areas like Profession, Academics, Social contribution and so forth.
- A cultural Programme was organized where in international students dance, a drama or a play enacting on girl foeticide and a tribute to all the female leaders of Parul University was presented by students of Parul University.
- The celebration was not only restricted to the campus but also taken to the community level where Health and Hygiene talks and camps were organized at 2 villages of Iswarpura and Kamlapura for females. Contribution of school teachers and community helpers were also appreciated along with significant achievements by girl students in both the villages.
- Awareness programme on “Activities of Women’s Development Committee” at Parul University was conducted on January 30th, 2016.
- Women Development Cell celebrated International Women’s Day on March 7th – 8th, 2016 by organizing two events.
- A group of University students performed a Street Play of 15 minutes duration depicting some socio – economic condition of women and girls on March 8th, 2016.
- Organized Poster Competition on the theme of “Digital India” and “Gender Equality” was conducted on March 7th, 2016.
- Debate Competition on the “Gender Equality” was organized on March 8th, 2016.
- Aarti Basu, Managing Director of Parth Projects, gave an Expert Talk on Women Empowerment on March 8th ,2016.
- Organized interactive session on “Importance of Meditation in Combating stress” with Soumya Suresh, Speaker from Ramakrishna Mission on March 8th, 2016.
- Neha Nimbark, Gynaecologist delivered expert talk on “Reproductive Health of Women”.
- A two day Yoga camp was organized on March 7th – 8th, 2016 for female Students and staff.