In this global economy, students having international exposure get an added advantage. The management of Parul University makes special efforts to provide the students with the unique opportunities to travel to different parts of the globe and get academic as well as cultural exposure. Since past three years this has been a regular practice and this time round the numbers; be the students or the countries or the renowned universities; have risen considerably. Students had the opportunity to choose from Renowned Universities from United States of America (USA), Germany, Poland, Canada, Poland, Solvenia and United Arab Emirates (UAE).
National & International Universities to work together to raise standards of Teaching staff in Indian Institutions offering Higher Education
3 Year Project CABCIN Initiated: “Establishment of Capacity Building Centres as a Sustainable Solution to Raise the Standards of Teaching Staff in Indian Heis”
As per the Planning Commission of India’s 12th Five Year Plan (Page 62), Special Focus is laid on the Improving the Teaching Standards in India. “Development of supervisors and foremen, through suitable programmes, collaboratively designed and managed by industry and educational and training institutions must be ensured along with the emphasis on development of skilled workmen and good managers” quotes the 12th Five Year Plan.
The Erasmus+ Program (EU programme to support education, training for students, individuals and organisations) for The Action Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education of European Union invited applications for the same from Universities from Programme and eligible Partner Countries.
Capacity Building projects in the field of higher education are transnational cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships. In 2016, 736 Applications from Programme and eligible Partner Countries were submitted out of which 147 Applications were approved; CABCIN is one of those. The Project is lead by Dr. Kamila Ludwikowska, Wroclaw University of Science & Technology, Poland. 5 Indian Universities and 5 European Universities would be working together for the Project; Wroclaw University of Science & Technology, Poland, Technical University of Košice, Slovakia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal, Gent University, Belgium, Frederick University, Cyprus, Parul University, Vadodara, Amity University, Haryana, RK University, Rajkot, SAL Institute of Technology & Engineering Research, Ahmedabad & North Maharashtra University.
The Project aims to encourage cooperation between the EU and India (Partner Country) and support eligible partner countries in addressing challenges in the management and governance of their higher education institutions. This includes improving the quality of higher education, developing new and innovative education programmes, modernising higher education systems through reform practices as well as fostering cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives.
Under one of the Erasmus+ Action, “International Credit Mobility, a student from here may get an opportunity to study abroad at a partner HEI or even a traineeship (Work Placement) abroad in an enterprise or any other relevant workplace in one of the consortium countries whereas Staff from here may also get a training period abroad and a staff from EU Partners may conduct a teaching period here, said Dr Devanshu Patel, President of one of the Partnering Indian Universities.
Four delegates Prof. Robert Lis,Vice- Dean for part-time studies and international programs of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering , dr Andrzej Moczko, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Vice- Rector for Research and University advisor for International Affairs, dr Andrzej Siemiński, Faculty coordinator (Computer Science) of the TECHSummer School at the Faculty of Computer Science and Management , Karolina Farbiszewska, Head of the Section for International Events, International Office from Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (WUST), Poland Visited Parul University, India from 1st March 2017 to 4th March, 2017 to discuss more possibilities for collaboration in the area of research and faculty exchange and also to promote their TECHSummer 2017 organized by WUST from 19th June 2017 to 29th July 2017 for the students of Parul University in the Engineering and Management disciplines.
Delegates from University of Wismar with an aim to increase institutional partnership & knowledge sharing in Technological & Engineering Studies as well as in Business Management visited Parul University, Vadodara.University of Wismar, Germany was represented by Prof. Dr. Norbert Gruenwald, Prof. Andreas Ahrens and Prof. Basus .
These officials were individually welcomed with a book and a momento by Dr. Devanshu J Patel (Trustee, PASM), Dr. Rajkumari Soni (Head IRC) and Prof. Colin Roberts respectively. Accompanying consulting official Mr. Ravish Shah was given an equally warm welcome.
During meeting with them, various points were discussed for future alliance and project partnership in different areas with Parul University. It was preceded by a hi-tea where Dr. Devanshu Patel and IRC members interacted with officials of University of Wismar, Germany discussed about strengthening strategic relations between the two institutions.
The meeting ended with a thanks by Dr. Devanshu Patel and visiting delegates’ tour of Parul Institutes’ campus.
‘Great Britain’ campaign, the British Council organized the Great UK education seminar here at Parul University, Vadodara.
The ‘Great United Kingdom’ education seminar at Parul Institute was conducted and coordinated by Ms Rupal Parikh[British Council, British Deputy High Commission, Mumbai] and Dr. Rajkumari Soni [Head- International Relations Cell(IRC), Parul Institutes] and team on Tuesday. Here Dr. Soni presented Ms. Parikh with a book and welcomed her.
‘Great UK’ launched, has been a strategic international marketing programme designed to promote the United Kingdom to business, tourism and student markets worldwide in order to enhance its global reputation and deliver long-term economic benefits. This seminar covered various aspects of studying in the United Kingdom i.e. choosing the right academic course & institution in the UK; applying for UK student visas; IELTS and working in the UK.
This further provided insightful information for studying undergraduate, postgraduate or research degrees in the UK, and life as a student in the UK & its culture. Later eager Parul students in their one to one interactions with Ms Parikh discussed their queries related to higher education in UK. Ms Parikh also gave a small token of appreciation to all seminar participants.
This event was preceded by a hi-tea where Dr. Devanshu Patel (Trustee, PASM) and IRC members interacted with Ms Rupal Parikh and discussed possibilities about developing strategic relations with British Council and British Government recognized UK Universities.
The day before, a networking reception was hosted by the British Council at Surya Palace Hotel, Vadodara where IRC, Parul Institutes’ officials (Dr Rajkumari Soni, Dr BK Sridhar and Prof. Dhruvil Shah) had an opportunity to interact and network with senior officials like Sam Harvey and Sunil Koli – both from the British Council, British High Commission, Mumbai.
As part of developing International Relations (IR) and collaborating with foreign educational institutions the International Relations Cell, Parul University and Kanan International Pvt. Ltd. jointly organized an event to inform students at Parul Campus about the content and scope of post-graduate studies at Lambton College and life in Canada.
Objective of the Event
Encouraged by the presence of Seventy plus Ex-Parul Students at Lambton College Campuses in Canada, the Lambton College officials’ objectives to visit Parul Campus were to initiate greater dialogue with Parul authorities and invite students to study in Canada and especially at Lambton College.
Special Guests and Event details
On the day, Mr. Chris Slade (Dean of International Education, Lambton College, Canada) was welcomed with a book by Dr. Devanshu Patel, Managing Trustee, Parul Institutes; Mr. Mathew Redford (International Student Support and Activities, Lambton College, Canada) and Ms Sonal of Kanan International Pvt. Ltd as well were book welcomed by Mr. Colin Roberts (Trainer, CDC) and Mr. Dhruvil Shah (Lecturer PIET-Diploma Studies) – members of International Relations Cell, Parul Institutes.
On the day, the Head of International Relations Cell, Dr. Rajkumari Soni (Reader-PIET MBA programme) ably anchored the event; Mr Dhruvil (Lecturer, PIET), Prof. Deepa Karvat (Asst. Professor, PIET), and Prof. Mitali Rana (Reader, PIAR) exemplarily coordinated the entire event, followed by a well-worded vote of thanks by Dr. B. K Shridhar (Professor, PIPR).
Mr. Chris Slade soon after the official welcome leaped into speaking about Canada and Lambton College. Here are the main points captured through the presentation:
- In the past 45 years, Lambton College has evolved from a community college into a worldwide leader in post-secondary education with over 3,600 full-time and 6,500 part-time students. With main campus located in Sarnia, Ontario and other two campuses in Toronto and Saskatchewan
- The major areas of academic focus are IT, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical – Engineering and Business studies.
- Academics at Lambton is ‘student-focused & driven’ i.e. there are twenty hours of classroom study additional 40 hours would need to be put in by the student if he/she wants to succeed at Lambton.
- The major selling feature about education at Lambton College is that students get opportunities to interact with both International as well as local Canadian students helping them to become one with Canadian culture.
- List of programmes offered to International Students can be found here http://www.lambton.on.ca/Programs/International_Programs.aspx
- Admission Requirements are 6.0 IELTS score(5.5 minimum for Diplomas) for all Graduate or Post Graduate Studies
- Living costs vary between CA$6000/ to CA$11000/- depending on the Living Standards, more info: http://www.lambton.on.ca/International/Living_Costs/
- Scholarships are awarded through faculty nominations based on guidelines considering – Communication Skills, Leadership Qualities, Interactions with Faculties and Students, Willingness to Learn, Dedication to continuously Improve, Academic Excellence, Extracurricular/Volunteer Work on or off the campus.
- Studying and Working in Canada: During the semesters students can work part time for twenty hours and full time during vacation period(approximately 4 months), through this esp. the international students significantly can contribute to their living expenses. On Campus jobs are as well offered to international students. For further detailed information see http://www.lambton.on.ca/display_col.aspx?id=2147484988 and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp
- Special Facilities provided to International Students at Lambton are:
- Airport Pickup – The International Student Office at Lambton ensures that International Students are greeted at the Sarnia Airport by either their host families or by a representative from the International Office.
- Orientation –programmes are delivered by the staff of the International Education and Services Department providing vital information regarding community services, academic issues and general life at Lambton College. Tours and various social activities are organized at the beginning of each semester.
- Health Care – Lambton College recognizes the importance of medical protection. All internationals students have access to a comprehensive health and hospital insurance plan for a competitive monthly rate. Medical staff are on duty at the Wellness Centre in the Main Campus.
- English as a Second Language – Necessary coaching to improve English as a second language is provided to international students
- Employment Skills’ Training and Placement Assistance is provided to international students giving them access a variety of employment options while living and studying in Sarnia
- Videos about Lambton College can be found at http://www.lambton.on.ca/International/VideoGallery.aspx
For further information about Lambton College you may contact in person the Members of the International Relations Cell or email us at [email protected]
An aim to increase institutional partnership & knowledge sharing in Technological & Engineering Studies Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland visited Parul University, Vadodara.
Wroclaw University of Technology was represented by Prof. Janusz Górniak (Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology), Ms. Ewa Markowska (Admissions Officer) and Ms Marta Zdziech (Admissions Officer).
These officials were individually welcomed with a book and a momento by Dr. Devanshu J Patel (Trustee, PASM), Dr. Rajkumari Soni (Head IRC) and Dr Shital Shah (Principal-PIT) respectively. Accompanying consulting officials were given an equally warm welcome.
This seminar covered various aspects of studying in Wroclaw University, Poland – information about specialized courses undergraduate, postgraduate or research degrees especially in Applied Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science; applying for admission to Wroclaw University; Student Visa procedure; need for IELTS and working in Poland.
Later Parul Institutes’ students in their one to one interactions with Ms. Ewa Markowska discussed their queries related to higher education in Poland.
This event was preceded by a hi-tea where Dr. Devanshu Patel and IRC members interacted with officials of Wroclaw University of Technology discussed about strengthening strategic relations between the two institutions. During lunch several key officials of Parul Institutes and Wroclaw University discussed about signing a MoU.
The event and the day ended with a vote of thanks by Dr. Devanshu Patel and visiting delegates’ tour of Parul Institutes’ campus.