|1||Chairman||Medical Superintendent||Dr. lndira Parmar|
|2||Member Secretary||professor of Microbiology||Dr. Anant Marathe|
|3||Member||Assistant professor of|
|Dr. Geetika Madan
|4||Member||Assistant professor of|
|Dr. Soeb Jankhwala|
|5||Member||Assistant professor of|
|6||In-charge OT||Incharge Brother||Mr. Chirag Rohit|
|7||RMO||Dr. Krupa Waghela|
|Mrs. Bissymol Philip|
|10||ln-charge CSSD||Mrs. Kinjal Christian|
|11||Head of Sanitary|
|Mr. Nainesh Patel|
Roles and Responsibilities of HICC:
- The HICC meeting will be scheduled every month to review the data and decide about any changes needed.
- The HICC will supervise the implementation of the hospital infection control programme.
- To ensure the proper conduct of sterilization and disinfection practices.
- Ensure that the Bio Medical waste management is being carried out.
- Conduct Internal Surveillance of Hospital acquired infections.
- Develop and implement preventive and corrective programmes in specific situations
where infection hazards exist.
- Advice the Medical officers on matters related to the proper use of antibiotics, to develop antibiotic policies and to recommend remedial measures when antibiotic resistant strains are detected.
- Review and update hospital infection control procedures from time to time.
- Help provide employee training regarding matters related to hospital acquired infections.
- The Hospital infection control committee Review Meetings should be held every month.
- To act on recommendations related to infection control, received from the administration, departments, services and other hospital committees.
- To analyze and interpret data arising out of surveillance and reporting to recommend
remedial measures and to ensure follow up action.
Responsibility of infection control nurse
- Infection control nurse must have full knowledge of infection control practices & activities.
- she takes daily round of hospital & check with ward sister or resident doctor about any
suspected case of hospital acquired infection.
- If suspected patient HAI, sample is collected 7 dispatched.
- such samples are marked separately & result is collected earliest.
- Maintain record & statistics of such cases
- Look for infection among staff
- Training & supervision of nursing & paramedical staff in infection control practices & a septic technique.
- One nurse & daily round usually able to check the bio medical waste disposal & general environmental sanitation that’s why it is necesary to make different tools to identify nosocomial infection.