|Ph.D. in Law||April. 2014||Department of Law,
|Degree awarded in Dec, 2014.
|LL.M. (Environmental Law)||2006||School Of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.||I Class 1st – 66%
(Awarded Two Gold Medals)
|P.G. Diploma in Environmental Law||2003||National Law School, Bangalore.
|LL.B. (General)||2001||K.L.E. Law College, Bangalore University
|II Class – 54%
|B. A. (Geography Hons.)||1996||St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi||I Class 1st – 71 %
|I. A.||1992||Ranchi Women’s College||I Division – 62 %
|Matriculation||1990||St. Anne’s Convent, Ranchi||I Division – 72 %|
Professional Experience: Total 8.5 yr. (Teaching 7 .5 years and Professional: 1yr.)
|Sl No.||Duration||Institutions||Teaching Experience||Affiliation and Courses Taught|
|BKMIBA, Ahmedabad University,
School of Liberal Studies for BSL Programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University,Gandhinagar, India
GLS Law College
|UG level||@ BKMIBA- Teaching the Elective of Business Law- II –TYBBA& Environmental Management in SY-BBA course.
@ PDPU- SLS- Teaching the courses of Environmental Laws (Core & Minor) in BA/BBA Liberal Arts Programme.
@GLSC- teaching course of Legal History in BA , LLB.
BKMIBA & HLIC Ahmedabad University,
School of Liberal Studies for BSL Programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, India
GLS Law College
|@ BKMIBA- teaching electives- Environmental Management and Indian Constitution for BBA & i-MBA course
@ PDPU- SLS- teaching Environmental Studies Major & Minor courses
@GLSC- Legal Clinical session on Project work & teaching Consumer Protection Law course
@HLIC- Legal drafting Elective for TY -B.com Course
|BKMIBA, Ahmedabad University.||UG level||Taught the Elective of Business Law- II & Environmental Management in BBA course.|
|4.||Dec-2014-April 2014||School of Liberal Studies for BSL Programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, India||UG level||Taught the courses of Environmental Laws (Core & Minor) in Liberal Arts Programme.|
|HLIC at Ahmedabad University.||Taught the course of Elements of law and Law- II IPR laws.|
|6.||Aug 2014-Nov- 2014||BKMIBA, Ahmedabad University.||UG level||Taught the course of Business Ethics in BBA Course.|
|7.||July-2014-Nov 2014||School of Liberal Studies for BSL Programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, India||UG level||Taught the course of Environmental Studies and Environmental Biology (Minor).|
|HLIC at Ahmedabad University.||UG level||As visiting faculty-teaching Law course in the TY -B.Com. Programme|
|9.||November 2014-August 2014||BKMIBA, Ahmedabad University.||UG level||Teaching Business Ethics as Visiting Faculty in SY BBA Programme.|
|10.||March 2014- November 2013||BKMIBA, Ahmedabad University.||UG level||As visiting faculty- BBA Programme- taught Business Law I & Business Law II courses|
|11.||February 2014- November 2013||HLIC at Ahmedabad University.
|UG level||As visiting faculty- Introduction to Laws course in the B.Com. Programme|
|12.||2012, 2013 & 2014||School of Liberal Studies for BSL Programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, India.||UG level||As Adjunct Faculty @ SLS. PDPU have been teaching the courses of “Introduction to Environmental Law” Environmental Studies and Environmental Biology at (Ref:http://www.sls.pdpu.ac.in/faculty-adjunct.html)|
|13.||November -July 2012
|Institute of Law,
Nirma University as a visiting faculty.
|UG level||As visiting taught the course of Interpretation of Statutes
|14.||Dec – July 2010||University School of Law, Gujarat University, and Ahmedabad.||PG level||As visiting faculty- taught in LL.M. Programme the Environmental Legislation course.|
|15.||May, 2012-June 2008||Law in Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.||UG level||Have worked as full time Law faculty as Asst. Professor of
Have taught several courses during span of
four years in the B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
Five years Integrated Hons. Programme and
also have designed modules and course materials
various law courses like EnvironmentalLaws,
http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/law/documents/course/270451038955685076713$5%5E1REFNO2bal602.pdf/Forest Law (Hons. Course), Legal Research Methodology
(http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/law/documents/course/287386697364546375513$5%5E1REFNO2bl205.pdf), Interpretation of Statutes, Family Laws,
Administrative Law, Contract II, etc.
|16.||2004- 2003 Aug||NGO- Consumer Education & Research Center (CERC) at Ahmedabad||–||Worked as Legal and Executive Assistant in the field of Consumer Protection and Laws.|
Special Achievements & Awards
- Awarded “Best Paper Presentation Award” titled “A Study of the Impact and Efficacy of the EIA Norms in India” presented paper in the 1st Annual National Seminar (NUILANS) on Law Impact Assessment organized by the ILNU, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, on 21st-22nd, January, 2011.
- Awarded Late Sir Mehboob I. Kadri Gold Medal for scoring highest marks in LL.M. 2006 & Advocate Ramchandra Shelat Gold Medal for scoring highest marks in LL.M. 2006, School of Law, Gujarat University.
- Best NCC (Girls) Senior Air Wing Cadet (1993)
- NCC (Air Wing) “B” and “C” Certificate Holder
- President’s Award (Guides) (1989)
- Governor’s Award (Guides) (1987)
Completed Ph.D. in April, 2014 the area of Environmental Law titled “A Critical study on the Procedural Requirements of the Environmental Impact Assessment in India & its related other issues” under the guideship of Prof. (Dr.) B. G. Maniyar, Department of Law, Suarashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat.
Area of Research & InterestContemporary environmental issues such as Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), GIS-EIA, E-waste, Co2 Sequestration, Vertical Farming, etc.
- Parna Mukherjee, book review article on the title “Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure” by Prof. R. Rajagopalan, Oxford Publication, Second Edition, India, published in the Glagotias Journal of Legal Studies” ISSN. 2321-1997 in 2014 GJLS Vol. 1, No. 2.
- Parna Mukherjee & Prof. (Dr.) B. G. Maniyar, a paper titled “The Analysis of Judicial Interpretations as a Tool for Shaping the EIA Jurisprudence in India”, published in the Journal of Indian Legal System, 2 (2), ISSN No. 2277-4254 @ pg. 45-54, 2013, Suarashtra University.
- Swarnabh Dutta & Parna Mukherjee, a joint paper titled “Environment Legislation and Enforcement: Contribution of Judicial Activism”, published in the Saurashtra University Law Journal (SULJ) Vol. 2, No.2, ISSN No. 2277-6044, February, 2013 pg. 210-237.
- Parna Mukherjee, paper titled “EIA Scams: Decaying the EIA Legal Regime in India”, at Journal of Environmental Research and Development, India, in 6 No. Issue: 3, Jan-March 2012 , pg . 507-513, , ISSN : PARIS ISSN 0973-6921, E-ISSN : 2319-5983, Govt. of India Reg. No. MPBIL/2006/18581, available at : http://www.jerad.org/dispabstract.php?vID=697or http://www.jerad.org/archiveabstract.php?vol=6&issue=3
- Parna Mukherjee, paper titled “CO2 Sequestration: An Unsustainable Option!” published in the 1st issue of Gujarat Law Journal, Vol. 1, Issue 1, 2010 p. 50-63,. by Commissionerate of Higher Education, Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat & Granth Nirman Board, Government of Gujarat, India.
- Parna Mukherjee & Madhuri Parikh, a paper titled “Consumer Dispute Adjudication Mechanism In India: A Critical Analysis” published in journal of Gujarat Law Reporter, Vol. (3) 31st October 2009.
- Parna Mukherjee, lecture delivered on topic “CCS Technology: A means to Climate Change Mitigation”, on June 27th, 2009, on the eve of 15th Climate Change Lecture Series, the excerpt was published in “Mausam Partvartan: Nishnantoni Najare” & Prayavaran Mitra –Janvikash –Research Youth Resource Centre, Ahmedabad.
- As academic expert consulted by Paryavaran Mitra, for the Publication of “Assessment of working of National Green Tribunal Report, 2014”by the National Social Watch, in association with Gujarat Social Watch. (http://www.socialwatch.org/sites/default/files/swindia/Gujarat-Social-Watch-Report-2014.pdf)
Conference attended and Papers Presented
- Parna Mukherjee, “Scope for Minimization of Transaction Costs in the Environmental Redressal System: An Analysis of the Role of the National Green Tribunal, India” presented a paper in the International Conference on Law and Economic, jointly organised by IIMA, IITK & GNLU on 14-15th March, 2015 in Ahmedabad.
- Parna Mukherjee & Sohini Munshi, “EIA-vis-a-via GIS: Challenges, Prospects and Future Scope’, presented a joint paper in the International Conference on “Law, Society and Sustainable Development: Problems and Prospects” on 17th-18th February, 2014 organized by Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, India.
- Parna Mukherjee & Sohini Munshi, “The Scope for using GIS Technology for Enhancing the Efficacy of the Environmental Impact Assessment Process” presented a joint paper in the National Conference on “Law & Justice” held on September 14-15th, 2013, organized by School of Law, at Auro University, Surat, India.
- Parna Mukherjee & Ranjith Nair, “Vertical Farming vis-à-vis Its Environmentally Sustainability” presented a joint paper on the contemporary environmental issue in the NATIONAL CONFERENCE on “ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” 15h & 16th March, 2012 organized by the School of Sustainable Development, Central University, at Gandhinagar, India.
- Parna Mukherjee, “The Analysis of Judicial Interpretations as a Tool for Shaping the EIA Jurisprudence in India”, a paper presented in National Seminar on “Environment, Development and Human Rights” held on 21st & 22nd January, 2012 at the University School of Law & Legal Studies, Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
- Parna Mukherjee, “The Critical Analysis of the Role of the State Under IHL with Reference to the Issue of Human Rights Violations in Sri Lanka”, a paper presented in the National Seminar on “Human Right in Emerging Area & Value Education”, UGC Sponsored held on October 9-10th , 2011 organized by the University School Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- Parna Mukherjee, “ The Implementation Of The EIA Norms In India: Challenges And Pitfalls” presented a paper in “South Asian Conference on Contemporary Environmental Perspectives” (SACCEP, 2011), held on March 25th -27th 2011 in association with Bar Council of India, World Wild Fund, CII, hosted by Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur, India.
- Parna Mukherjee, “A Study of the Impact and Efficacy of the EIA Norms in India” presented paper in the 1st Annual National Seminar (NUILANS) on Law Impact Assessment organized by the ILNU, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, on 21st-22nd, January, 2011. Also received Best Paper Presentation Award.
- Parna Mukherjee, “EIA Scams: Decaying the EIA Legal Regime in India” presented the paper in the 3rd International Congress of Environmental Research (ICER-10) from September 16-18, 2010 held at University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius, conducted JERAD, Bhopal, India in collaboration with University of Mauritius.
- Parna Mukherjee, “CO2 Sequestration: An Unsustainable Option!” paper presented in the International Conference On Climate Change & Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, held on November, 2009 organised by IACSA under ITM Universe, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Swarnabh Dutta & Parna Mukherjee, “Environmental Legislation and Enforcement: Contribution of Judicial Activism” a joint paper presented in the International Conference On Climate Change & Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India, in November, 2009.
- Parna Mukherjee & Madhuri Parikh, “Consumer Dispute Adjudication Mechanism In India: A Critical Analysis” presented a joint paper in the 12th International Consumer Law Conference at NALSAR, Hyderabad, held on 25-27th Feb. 2009.
- Parna Mukherjee, “Toxic World of E-Waste”, presented a paper in the International Conference on Environment: Canada & India (Sponsored by DFAIT through Shastri Indo Canadian Institute), held on 6-8th December, 2009, at Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India.
- Attended the UGC sponsored one day National Workshop on the theme “Secularism and Law” organized by the Department of Law at Saurashtra University, Rajkot on 19th February, 2010.
- Participated in the One Day Seminar on Bio-Diversity Conservation, organized by the Paryavaran Mitra, Ahmedabad, at University School of Law, Gujarat University, on 4th September 2010.
- Participated in the All Gujarat Law Teachers’ Training Programme organized on the Research Methodology under the Gujarat Education Legal Gujarat Legal Education Project (GLEP) team at Gujarat National Law University (GNLU).
- Participated in State Level Seminar on “Quest for Better Legal Education”, 2009 at Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
- Participated in State Level UGC Sponsored Seminar on “Law & Human Rights”, in 2008 at HL Commerce Collage, Ahmedabad.
- 19. Attended the State Level Seminar on “Law & Social Transformation”, 2005 University School of Law, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad.
- At LL.M. level, conducted a socio-legal research on “The Concept of E-waste: Social Awareness and Legal Frame Work” , guided by Prof. N. K. Pathak, School of Law, Gujarat University. (Ref. Link: http://www.pulkitvasudha.com/2007/07/28/no-laws-to-control-e-waste-ahmedabad%E2%80%99s-a-dumpyard/)
- Have been associated with Paryavaran Mitra, NGO dedicated in the field of Environmental activism in Gujarat and have contributed in ongoing research works.
- At PGDEL level @ NLSIU, Bangalore- conducted research on the followings
- Hospital Waste Management (Case study on Air Force Command Hospital, Bangalore)
- Judicial Activism in Jharkhand Judiciary
- Review of EMP Report (Central Coalfields Limited, Ranchi)
- At both UG guided many students on socio-legal research and as an academician consultant associated with Paryavaran Mitra, NGO Ahmedabad.
Invited lectures/Talks, etc
- Was invited to deliver a lecture in Legal History in United World School Law, Ahmedabad in February, 2016.
- Invited to be a panellist in the panel discussion at DD Girnar , Ahmedabad on the theme of climate change talks in Dec, 2015.
- Invited to contribution during Civil Society Consultation on Draft Waste Management Rules 2015, organised by Paryavarn Mitra, local NGO held on 16th May 2015 and also joined to draft the suggestions which is submitted to MoEF & CC.
- Invited to deliver lecture on topic “National Green Tribunal”, in the Workshop on Environmental Issues, titled “GO GREEN” for its Regional Directors on 13th November, 2014 at A.I.R., Ahmedabad.
- Invited to judge the drawing and slogan writing competition for the “Vtava Bane Vrindavan Campaign, organized on 27th June 2014 at Centre of Excellence, by the Green Environment Services Co-operative Society Limited, in association with 12 other organisations in Ahmedabad.
- Invited as an expert to be in the admission panel for the Admissions of the SLS Programme at PDPU May, 2014.
- In Sep, 2013 was invited to draft a Moot problem on International Environmental Law, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad. (Available at http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/law/documents/3rdIIMC2014.pdf). Also received acknowledgement and an appreciation plaque from Rev. Prof. (Dr.) N.R. Madhav Menon on the Valedictory Function on 3rd IIMC.
- Invited to Chair the session in the National Conference on “Law & Justice” held on September 14-15th, 2013, organized by School of Law, at Auro University, Surat, India.
- On 6th June, 2013, was invited as a panel expert on the environmental expert for panel discussion for the programme Hello Shakhi, on DD Girnar channel on the topic “Women’s role and contribution for the Environmental Protection.”
- Was also invited as a Judge for a Elocution Competition organised by the Hypercity in Association with Gujarat Pollution Control Board and Paryavarn Mitra, Ahmedabad on the eve of World Environment Day, on 5th June, 2013.
- On 6th March 2013, was invited as an expert panelist for a panel discussion on the contemporary theme of “Seriousness of Indian Industrial Sector about environmental issues”, in the tech-fest “FACE 2 FACE”, organised by A.D. Patel Institute of Technology, Anand, Gujarat. India.
- Drafted a moot problem on Environmental Law for Round III, in the 27th All India Inter-University BCI Moot Court Competition, organised by ILNU. (available at http://www.nirmauni.ac.in/law/BCIMootWebpage/BCIMoot10122011_files/MootProblemIII.pdf.)
- On 30th November, 2012, was invited to deliver a Guest Lecture on the topic “ The evolution of Strict Liability to Absolute liability”, for the B.B.A. LL.B students at the Auro University, Surat, India.
- On Dec 2nd 2012, delivered for invited talk on “Environmental Impact Assessment as a tool of sustainability, revisiting its application in India” on the two day conference on “Sustainability: Our Collective Social Responsibility For a Liveable Planet”, jointly organised Consumer Education and Research Centre, Ahmedabad India (CERC) in cooperation with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Germany, at AMA, Ahmedabad.
- On 11th 2011 was invited to delivered Lecture on the topic “Environmental Law and The Role Of the High Court” in a Training Programme for the Legal Assistants at the Judicial Academy at Gujarat High Court, Ahmedabad.
- On 27th July 2009, delivered an invited lecture on “CO2 Sequestration” at Climate Change Lecture Series by Paryavaran Mitra, Ahmedabad. (available at: http://www.paryavaranmitra.org.in/et.php)
- Invited by Prayvaran Mitra, to Judge the various events on the eve of Environment Day Celebration, June 6th , 2013.
Academic Administrative Roles
- During four years of teaching in Nirma University as a full time faculty at the Institute of Law, I have been the course co-coordinators of the various subjects, examiner and project guide for legal research for the respective courses that I had designed and taught.
- Apart from this, I have also handled various administrative positions like Students Section In-charge, Semester Convener, Senior Superintendent of Examination, Central Assessment Cell Co-ordinator, Co-ordinator of Literary debate committee, member of Anti-ragging cell, representative of the Research Development Cell at the university level, member of IQAC cell, member of Welfare committee, Library committee, etc.
- As a member of paper setter in the panel of Glagotia’s University, Noida.