Design is a discipline that requires a lot of outdoor exposure through field trips to various sites, monuments, places, cultures, contexts, etc. For the same, apart from the Relevant Study Programs – Study tours, which are conducted once a year, the students are taken to several short trips throughout their semester to various nearby places of Design Significance.
So far, we have been to places which are enlisted below:
• Goraj Muni Sevashram
• Lakshmi Vilas Palace
• Adalaj Stepwell
• Sarkhej Rauza
• Old city Vadodara
• Heritage walk – Ahmedabad
• IIM( Indian Institute of Management)
• AMA (Ahmedabad Management Association)
• BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System)-Ahmedabad
• Sabarmati Riverfront, Sanskar Kendra
• ATMA (Ahmedabad Textile Mill Owners Association) House
• NID (National Institute of Design)
• Manav Sadhna Kendra
• Gandhi Aashram
• Rudra Mahila Utthaan Kendra
• ESI (Environmental Sanitation Institute)-Ahmedabad
Visit at SAHAJ Dahod
On 28th Nov 2016-We visited SAHAJ an NGO at Dahod, who covered 45 village and 3000+ women .Sahaj provides comprehensive skill development Training and Support services that enable tribal families to earn home based lively hood.This provides an alternative to seasonal urban migration ,which in turn increases family income.
along with faculty and students we explored and witnessed the rural exposure who turned traditional art and craft to contemporary design development and marketing.