Duration: 5 years (Semester System)
Bar Council of India
Constituent College of Parul University
- Admission at Parul University, Faculty of Law for 5 years integrated B. Com. LL.B. Programmes will be given on the basis of:
- Std XII Marks and
- an aptitude test conducted by Parul University. (However the students who have appeared for CLAT and LSAT Test will be exempted from appearing for the aptitude test.)
- Minimum percentage required will be 45% (For SC/ST Candidates it will be 40% & 42% for OBC)
- Candidate should not be above the age of 20 years, as on 1 July 2016.
Method of Admission
As per procedure of Parul University
About the program
Objectives of the Institution: The colleges have devised programmes for students to go beyond the classrooms to face the social reality.
1) To promote the advancement of law suitable to the social, economic and other needs of the people;
2) To promote diffusion of the knowledge of law;
3) To promote studies and research in law;
4) To promote the improvement of legal education and to impart instruction in law; to conduct debates, lectures, studies, discussions, seminars, symposia, etc on legal topics and problems.
This degree course is suitable for students wishing to gain an in depth understanding of issues in the legal arena combined with contemporary issues and skills relevant to a career in commerce. It is suitable for those wishing to gain a broader knowledge from a combination of these two fields of study.
Objectives of the program:
The main objective of the course is to motivate the students to opt for practicing law as well as to take up their job satisfactorily.
This course prepares students for professional practice as legal advisors to businesses, to business-oriented NGOs, and to government entities. The coursework combines a degree of sophistication in terms of legal content and upgrades student’s commercial and regulatory skills. The objective is to deliver highly relevant legal knowledge set in a practical commercial and regulatory context. To achieve this, courses are taught by a combination of law academics and leading practitioners. Distinguished guest lecturers and international faculty are a feature of our courses.
- To develop a background in fundamental areas of business law.
- To provide students breadth, expertise and a foundation for professional practice.
- To develop fundamental in-depth knowledge and understanding of: the principles, concepts, values, substantive rules and development of the Indian legal system and core areas of business law.
- To develop intellectual rigor as well as more general transferable intellectual skills which are of value in the practice of Law and a wide range of careers.
- To provide our graduates with self-confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills that will provide added benefit to them as individuals, to the legal profession and to society as a whole
Job Prospectus &Career Avenues
Possible career paths include advocacy, research, policy making and services within the corporate houses, public sector and government, community relations, human rights work in development agencies, grassroots advocacy and academia.Those who are good in commerce can improve or specialise their skills so that they have career opportunities in business and finance industries.
• State Police Department
• Business Houses
• Sales Tax and Excise
• Private Practice
• Educational Institutes
12th (10+2) in any stream or its equivalent with minimum 50 % marks for General candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST/OBC. Students who have appeared for their H.S.C finals and awaiting results are also eligible to apply subject to their passing it, in the same attempt.