Clinical research is a branch of healthcare science that determines the safety and effectiveness of medications, devices, diagnostic products and treatment regimens intended for human use. In clinical practice one uses established treatments, while in clinical research evidence is collected to establish a treatment.The term clinical research refers to the entire bibliography of a drug/device/biologic, in fact any test article from its inception in the lab to its introduction to the consumer market and beyond.
Post Graduate & Doctoral students need to carry out clinical research for their projects which strictly needs to follow the universal ethics guide lines. For monitoring proper following of these guide lines a Parul University – Institutional Ethics Committee For Human Research has been formed which is registered & recognized by Government of India. The members of this Ethics committee are as per the guidelines of the government and well acquainted with the updated guidelines & norms of government regarding Clinical Research.
Students at Parul University Carry out Clinical Research with accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures of PU-ICHER. Parul University also welcomes external research projects as a collaborative part of Industry Academia Research Programme, a well defined structure for associating the sponsor, principal investigator and patients. The committee supports the sponsor for the PI identification, patient recruitment and retention, and also for the documentation and processing of ethical application, ICF, CRF, Undertaking, SAE reporting, & Trial Audit for clinical study.
There is huge scope of clinical research at Parul University owing to following reasons:
- Faculties of Various Medicinal Systems under one roof like Modern Medicine, Ayurved, Homoepathy, Physiotherapy, Nursing, and Pharmacy.
- Total number of postgraduate students in above medicinal fields, who select clinical research as main curriculum under guidance of renowned and expert faculties exceeds 510.
- Parul Sevashram Hospital with capacity of 300 beds and advanced medical facilities of specialized care under numerous departments. It runs with large variety of patients every day taken care of by GCP trained staff and doctors.
- Parul Ayurveda Hospital with 200 beds capacity offers excellent Ayurveda medical treatment facilities.
- Dedicated research team and experienced GCP trained staff with well-equipped drug testing laboratories in the campus is an additional attraction.
- Central Institutional ethics committee registered with Government of India to approve and monitor every clinical research activity at Parul University.